Four Ancient Towers
Updated：2008-06-05 17:17 | Source：
Address: Four pagodas in four locations
Admission Fee: Free Admission
The four towers, like most of Shenyang’s historical sites, were built around 1643 during the early Qing Dynasty. The towers symbolize the four Buddhist Heaven Kings, and originally marked the borders of the city. The four towers, aptly named “North Tower”, “South Tower”, “East Tower”, and “West Tower”, do in fact appear quite similar to each other. The towers themselves are white, bulb-shaped structures, with gold decoration on the top. Each one is surrounded by a small Buddhist temple. Reportedly the North Tower is the best restored and maintained tower.
Editor : Zhang Yun